Are all auto dealers the SAME?????
Are all auto dealers the same? Of coarse not!!!!! Depending on the customer service, honesty and ability to treat people will separate how the dealership is rated. Unfortunately you can always get a few selfish, dishonest salespeople or mangers that will ruin it for everybody. They are motivated more by the mighty dollar than the consumers best interest.
“There are good dealerships out there.” I hear this from readers and from consumers. This is true. I do not want to sound like I think that every dealership is trying to take advantage of the consumer. There are some good people out there that do care about their customers.
I have however been in this business for over 19 years. I am driven to educate consumers about how to make sure they protect themselves with information. There is nothing wrong with running a business and making money, but why should one consumer buy a car for invoice , and the next customer comes in and is not as educated pay MSRP?
What does the dealer say? “They should have negotiated a better price!” “The customer should have made a better choice.” Isn’t it the job as a salesperson to educate the consumer so that they make a better decision? I feel like we as sales people need to help more and educate more! I think the “sell” would be a lot easier.
There are a couple ways to check out dealers and their reputations.
* Look at their ratings with the Better Business Bureau in your area. See if they have any complaints.
* Google the dealership. See what consumers are writing. Not paid testimonials!
* Ask your friends who they deal with OR if any of them have had negative / positive experiences.
* Check with the Attorney General in your state. That is a good source to see if the dealership has had consumer issues or complaints.
* Use Social Media to benefit you and reach out to your contacts and friends and ask for referrals.